WHAT IS THIS?

I have a lot of t-shirts. I mean A LOT. And I usually wear a t-shirt every day.

At the end of 2005 I had the idea for this blog - starting January 1st, 2006 I would wear a different t-shirt from my collection every day until I ran out of shirts. Shirts could not be repeated. Each day I was to take a photo of that particular day's shirt, tell everyone a little bit about it, and then post it all on this blog. I also encouraged my readers to send me shirts to keep my streak going, but that didn't work out so well. I think I got two or three in the mail. The rest of the shirts were mine.

The SASHDISH experiment lasted from January 1st, 2006 to June 5th, 2006, or something like 152 shirts! Was this pointless? Probably. But so is most of the stuff on the internet.

After SASHDISH ended, I got lazy and stopped checking in on it. Then the company that owned the server that stored all of my images went out of business, and all of the photos were lost. Someday, when I'm bored, I'll go back and repost the images. Until then, I still have all of the individual shirt descriptions up, so you can read about each one. And here's a photo of the first 100 shirts: SASHDISH 100.

In case you're wondering, I got rid of most of these shirts. However, I'm still a t-shirt-a-holic and now own just as many (if not more) than I used to.

Thanks for visiting,
Aaron Popp
aaronpopp.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, January 20, 2006

Toons


Front: Toons pool and dance
Back: We screw the other guy and pass the savings on to you!

Item: Toons is a bar in Kirksville, MO.
Item: I went to college in Kirksville.
From these facts, we can logically come to the conclusion that I went to Toons. A lot.

You see, Kirksville is a small town. There is not much to do for an energetic and fun-loving college student, other than drinking. Toons was a place that everyone "ended up" at, because they were a dance club. You'd bar hop and then close out the night while dancing at Toons. Or, if you were like me and my pals, you'd bar hop and then go to Toons and watch all the girls dance.

Postscript: My favorite thing about Toons was their Wednesday night special -- Penny Pitchers. That's right, a pitcher of beer for a penny. No joke. Actually, we'd give the bartender a tip of a dollar, so they were really $1.01 -- but honestly, can you beat that deal?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was when you were a memeber of the professional drinkers club huh?

7:34 PM  
Blogger wessonpopp said...

Yep. And I still am. Proudly.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never got to go to toons when i went to truman for that one year. because i was a minor. and minors shouldn't be drinking right? but i remember a place called bogey's that had really good burgers. do you have a bogey's t-shirt? just curious.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home